I already have finished couple of modules like LFOs, multiples(passive and buffered) and several different modules is almost done like VCAs, ADSRs and Oscillator.
At the moment i´m building case for my system. I found these new 3 U rack-mountable cases (Eurorack compatible) from local internet auction site. Seller had 3 of those, so i bought them all. Only 18 € per each, so 54 € for 9 U system is not bad, including all the hardware i need to mount my modules.
For powering everything i bought Doepfer A-100 DIY Kit 1 (114€) and also i had to buy some L-profiled aluminium and some 6 cm wide aluminium strip, so i can install more easily Doepfer bus boards back of the case.
I probably going to build nice 19 inch hardwood rack for this system, but future plans in mind, i try to connect everything to this 9 U aluminum case so i can easily move it to bigger case in future if needed.
So far i have spent roughly 200 € for this case and even if i put 50-60 € more doing this hard wood rack for it, it´s still going to be cheaper than any 9 U commercial case available. Not to mention it´s going to be hard wood and not any plywood or plastic.
Some building photos....
Making markings for drilling holes.
Drilling done. I´m quite happy with results considering i used basic hand drill for drilling holes.
I didn´t have any spacers around, so i had to do my own. I had this 6 mm wide aluminum tube which was perfect for making spacers. Simple but effective way cutting is using stopper to get same length pieces.
Assembly, screws, nuts and washers.
Work done. Next i had to install these to frame.
Bus boars in their place. There is also drilled holes for third bus board if i want to add one more later. Doepfer´s kit only contained 2 bus boards.
Next i have to install power supply. Probably i´m going to use same method as i used for bus boards, but let see. Also i´m thinking to add XLR connectors between transformer and power supply, so transformer would be removable.....
Installing XLR connectors and power supply. I used this same 6 cm wide aluminum strip which was wide enough to house power supply. 25 mm hole for XLR connector was little bit harder task to do, because i didn´t have any this caliber drill bit. I had this small metal saw which worked pretty nicely for this job. Not a perfect hole, but good enough.
Parts ready for soldering. Power supply already mounted to panel.
XLR connector installed. Green/yellow cable is for grounding.
All done! Time to fire system up.